Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Gia's Tips on Bringing Home a New Baby



I have a lot of experience being the coolest older sister, as such, I have a few tips on how to prepare your home for a little sibling.

Gia's Tips
5) Get a BIG SISTER BOOK for your older child. My parents got me “New Baby” by Mercer Mayer. I also like “Babies Don’t Eat Pizza” by Debbie Tilley and “I’m a Big Brother” by Joanna Cole

4) If you have pets, bring a baby blanket home early from the hospital. My Mom and Dad brought home one of the blankets they used to snuggle with Louie in the hospital before he came home and placed it on the ground for our dog, Madden to get used to the smells. It helped him to adjust before our baby brother came home

3) Let me help! I’d love to help stack diapers, hold the baby, and learn to be gentle with the baby. This lets me know I am important and still your first baby!

2) Give me my own big sister gift. The baby is getting an awful lot of stuff that is too small to share…I’d like to remind you that I also like bows, headbands and fancy shoes.

1) Answer my questions!! Why do babies sleep all the time? Why do they poop so much? Why do they only eat milk? No really, why?

No comments:

Post a Comment